Monday, April 12, 2010

This is the piece I wrote a few years ago that I was referring to in my previous post. It was written on 2.25.07, just over 3 years ago. At the time, I titled it BEFORE & AFTER. Though now I view it as Chapters 1 & 2. Still to come... Chapter 3, Chapter free.

I AM:
honest 99% of the time
not impressed by ego or bravado
happier than I’ve ever been
single by *choice*
complex
...searching...
healing
hard on myself
disheartened by the state of the world
crestfallen by cruelty of any manner or degree
disappointed by a significant portion of society
endlessly encouraged by the rest
loving to a fault
the feeder that often goes hungry
full of creativity and compelled to manifest it
thankful to have survived my past

I WANT:
people to be less vain, and more honest
a utopian society
to find personal success
to live my dreams
to break free of the boundaries I feel harness me
to travel the world
to stop fearing letting others down, namely my parents.
to find a love, lover, companion, friend & ally.
to be understood
my generosity to be met, just 50% of the time.
to form a deeper connection to my spiritual self
to listen more and talk less

I DREAM:
of a nourished, sheltered, educated & peaceful world
of mothering a child
** BIG **
of people rising up to their true potential, myself included
of achieving something on my "I WANT” list
of money losing it’s value and humans having to reassess
*vividly*
of the end of religious war
of continuing to become a better version of myself
of what's to come. . .

I HAVE:
traveled a very rocky road.
punished myself a lifetime’s worth
become someone I'm extremely proud of
been unbelievably blessed
loved, lost, longed, learned, and loved again.
arrived, left and managed to stay very still
written a lot of poetry
chosen optimism as a way of life
lived a life divided into two distinct parts:
Before & After
Survived
Evolved
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Become ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment