Monday, April 19, 2010

LETTER OF LOVE


This is a letter I received yesterday from one of my incredible high school girls from the youth group I work with back home. I have known her for the last 3 years and have always just had a huge spot in my heart for her difficult journey through life. This was such an encouraging letter to receive! I love you girl!!


I can't even begin to thank you enough for what you've done for me. From the moment our paths crossed you've been a continuous blessing in my life. Thank you for loving me and caring about me enough to not give up on me and walk away...even when I was so undeserving. Thank you for always being there to talk me through things, calm me down, and sometimes just to listen to me talk. Thank you for calling me out on things that I need to be called out on! You have always been gentle with me (much appreciated btw), even when I'm sure you would have rather shook me and told me to get it together. (= I honestly do not know what my life would be like, or if I would even be here if it were not for you. And I know that sounds sort of dramatic, but it's true. Before you, I had never met anyone who seemed to understand me, or even take the time to try and understand me like you have. You have somehow managed to get through to me and teach me things that no one else has been able to. You have taught me what it means to let go, to forgive, and to move on. You have taught me that sometimes it's okay to just be. It doesn't always have to be okay, I don't always have to be okay. It's okay to just let myself feel. Through watching you, I have learned how to better love God, love people, love myself, and how to let myself be loved. I think one of the greatest things you have taught me is that I am okay just being me. I no longer feel as if I have to pretend, or put on a front in order to feel good enough for someone else. Thank you for never losing faith in me and always reassuring me that I am worthy. Finally (well not really, but I guess I have to stop writing sometime), Thank you for letting me into your world, and for making mine so much better.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment