Sunday, June 19, 2011

love |ləv|: God is LOVE
first |fərst|: Coming before all others in time or order
light |līt|: The natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible


"God,
coming before all others in time and order,
the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible."

Finding a blog title that isn't already taken is nearly impossible these days. In trying to come up with a name for my new blog, all my "creative" and "unique" ideas were already taken (I guess I'm not that creative and unique after all). So I began to think of names that could use a play on my name.  In researching synonyms, I came up with "first light".  Since God is LOVE and I am HIS, I thought "Love's First Light". GOD'S Dawn.  

I liked this because though I have always been myself, though I have made a commitment to be the best me I can be, I had not yet begun to discover who I really was until I went searching for who I am in HIM. Through this journey, as I'm moving away from who I say I am and who the world says I am, I'm free to discover who God says I am. I am HIS Dawn.

Beyond that I thought it made sense since God is really the only one who can shed any real, true light on the experiences, situations and circumstances of our lives and the world at large. He alone sees the whole picture and in seeking His heart in everything we do, see, feel, say...we, ourselves, are illuminated.

That was my thought process in naming the title, but when I broke down the definition of each of these words separately (those of you who know me well, know my affection for words and their definitions!) the way they read together and what it spelled out is absolutely AWESOME! It completely takes ME out of it, and boils it down to the bare bones truth of what I believe and who I'm living for. The only thing I'd add is one extra word...

"God,
coming before all others in time and order,
the SUPERnatural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible."

This is my journey to the ends of the earth to be awakened to the LIGHT that is His LOVE.  
This is my journey away from me and closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment